When they came to arrest Jesus he was surrounded by his disciples. The high priest came with soldiers and Jesus without fear or hesitation approached them and asked who they sought. When they responded Jesus told them “I am He” (John 18:6), immediately they all fell back. Such was the power of the only begotten son of God.
Jesus did not have to go. He did not have to surrender. He was never captured. Jesus was completely in control as much as the day he formed us. He is the alpha and the omega who knew He would have to give his life even before laying down the foundation of the earth. (Ephesians 1:4) Knowing that He would have to suffer He made us any way.
Jesus allowed the soldiers to get up and arrest him. The only thing he asked was that his disciples remain untouched. (John 18:8) Only after they agreed did Jesus give himself up. He was, still is and forever will be the good shepherd who gave his life for the sheep. (John 10:11-18) Because of His sacrifice we can be saved. All we have to do is believe. Now we are forever in the hands of this good shepherd.
- Sunday, 13 April 2014 : Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion, Holy Week (Passion Reading) (petercanisiusmichaeldavidkang.com)
- Carissimi; Sunday’s Mass: Palm Sunday (frjeromeosjv.wordpress.com)
- Palm Sunday 2014 , April 13, 2014 in the World (liveloveandpray.wordpress.com)
- Road to Calvary: Garden of Gethsemane (fivefoldministryireland.wordpress.com)
- the arrest. (wccollegedotorg.wordpress.com)
- The Daily Gospel and Readings 12 April 2014 (prayersandmeditations.com)
- Simple; Brilliant (catchjohnfischer.wordpress.com)
- Palm Sunday (April 13): “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- A Holy Week Prayer Program – 10 Sayings of Jesus for 10 Days (journalplace.wordpress.com)